For those with a sweet tooth, Camprodon is also home to the Birba company, involved in the production and manufacture of artisan biscuits since the nineteenth century.
The first Birba factory opened in Camprodon in 1929, although it had to be rebuilt after the Spanish Civil War. In the 1990s, with the company’s ownership passing outside of the Birba family, considerable investment was made in terms of machinery to adapt to the demands of the market, with a subsequent commercial expansion. The current 7000m2 factory facility has now tripled previous rates of production, although the original machines and furnaces are still preserved in the factory today.
The windows of Camprodon’s bakeries and patisserie shops are filled with an array of tempting artisan pastries, cakes, biscuits, sweetbreads and tarts that are typical of the town.